Bone-in striploin steak - Yum!
Hermes link. Ice blue mink. Striploin steak?
Hah, those of you who have listened to Drake's new mixtape hopefully got that lyrical reference. Anyways, back to the food. My local grocery store (Longo's) had a sale on these yummy cuts of steak and I couldn't resist. Bone-in Striploin's are super easy to cook, especially for beginners like me :) My version consisted of a quick marination (is that a word?) of garlic & soy sauce...it's the asian in me. And then a quick sear in my lodge cast iron pan, then into the 250 degree Fahrenheit pre-heated oven to finish the cook.
Look at this badboy *heart eye emoji*
Gotta get that sear/delishness/colour/tastiness/fatmelting goodness....
Out of the oven & rested...check out the beauty result. FYI I left mine in for about 11 minutes... Medium-Rare success, woop woop!
So this was a really quick and easy cook, you can also skip the soy sauce marinade and just rub on salt & pepper right before the sear for an even faster process. Doesn't get more basicccc than this!
Happy feastin' peeps!
Recipe for Bone-in Striploin Steak
3/4 lb Bone-in Striploin Steak
2 tbsp soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp black pepper
1. Prepare the marinade by combining the soy sauce, garlic and striploin steak in a bowl. Rub the marinade all over that striploin. Set in fridge for 30 mins to soak in all the yums.
2. Before cooking, rub the black pepper onto both sides of the steak.
3. Once marinated & coated with pep, heat a cast iron pan with the canola oil and once the oil is hot, sear each side of the steak for 60 - 90 seconds each side. Make sure to also sear the fatty side of the steak to render down that fat.
4. In a 250 degree Fahrenheit pre-heated oven, place the steak ( leave it in the cast iron pan) into the oven and let roast for 8 minutes. Flip it after 8 minutes and leave the steak in the oven for the remaining 3 minutes. You can play around with the timing based on your oven and your preference. My steak ended up medium-rare using this timing.
5. Rest for 10 minutes and then serve, devour & enjoy!
Pin this recipe for a delicious steak meal!